Home or Away

Hi everyone. It's been a bit of a gap since my last post, but fear not - I have plenty more interesting posts planned for the next few weeks. How was your Easter break? What did you get up to?

I'm just back from a short trip to England with my family. We went to the Midlands, round  Cambridge, and I had a brilliant time. I don't think I've ever eaten so much food; it seemed like all we did was wander from café to restaurant to pub! I took plenty of pictures for you, though, so you can feel as if you were there yourself!

Day One involved a trip to Uppingham, Rutland. This is one of the prettiest places you will ever see - sandy coloured houses and tiny gardens; cute shops and red-brick storefronts. It's home to a boarding school and the grounds are amazing; plus, you can walk to most of the places around it! 




Snow started to cover the ground as we wandered around the town.




The loveliest little second-hand bookshop, filled to bursting with books on all kinds of subject. I could spend all day in here!



We enjoyed a delicious lunch in Baine's Bakery, finishing off with a slice of coffee cake. 



The post-office has much more character than many modern ones you would see now! 









The Falcon Hotel. I can vouch for their afternoon tea and dinner menu - chicken with Stilton sauce and buttery baby potatoes, anyone? 






 Berry pavlova for me and a Mini Egg cheesecake for my sister. 

We finished up the day with a little drive to the old viaduct. The sun had started to set, casting a soft golden glow over the countrside. With wind-whipped cheeks and warm tummies we settled into bed, easing off to sleep as easily as a baby. 




Comments