Farewell for now

This is a post that has been on my mind for some time. Recently I've been questioning the meaning of blogging, and the point of it all. It seems like everyone has a blog nowadays and so it's hard to 'stand out', as it were.

It's not that I want to achieve international fame. But realistically, where do I see this blog going? A book deal? A cooking program? None of those things really excite me. In fact, I can't think of anything worse than blogging as a living. I admire those who do so for their courage and determination - running a blog is hard work! - but it's not for me. 


In addition, blogging is really difficult. Of course, it all depends on the author, but for me, one post requires a lot of work. Thinking about a recipe, making it, taking photos before my family had eaten the food (and I'm not a natural photographer), uploading photos, writing a post, writing the recipe, any links, formatting the post.... One blog post alone could consist of three hours of work. And realistically, I don't have that time. I want to focus on baking and cooking without worrying about what it will look like on a camera lens; without panicking when a recipe goes wrong because I have no back-up posts; without the pressure that comes with blogging. 

It's been a hard decision but I've been thinking over it for the past two months and I think it's time to call it quits.

I'm not saying that I will never blog again (my enthusiasm for writing is too much for that). I'm simply going to take a little break over the summer and see where my path takes me. I may return in the autumn - and I could be writing about anything and everything from food to clothes to books. As Fitzgerald famously said, "Life was beginning over again with the summer" - 
and this summer is a time for me to explore where my passions really lie.

Thank you for taking this journey of exploration with me! You can still see what I'm up to via my Instagram page or see what inspires me via Pinterest





Comments

  1. I know what you mean - I haven't managed to find a rhythm with my blogging yet, it sometimes feels like a bit of an effort to round up all the input into a neat little blog post! I hope you have a wonderful summer of baking and relaxing without the pressure of blogging... although I will miss reading your lovely posts! x

    http://selfindulgentstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and treasure each one. Drop me a line and I"ll check out your blog, too! x