Lunchtiiiiiiime

Pesto. 

Tomatoes.

Peppers.

Courgette. 

Parmesan.

Is anyone else salivating yet? 

Today's post is about a tart I made for lunch a few days ago, from Izy's new book. I hadn't planned on blogging about it, but it was just so tasty that I couldn't help myself. 

I received a copy of 'Top With Cinnamon: Stylish Sweet and Savoury Recipes" for my birthday in September and have been longing to try out some of the recipes ever since then. The photographs are gorgeous, the author's notes quirky and the recipes themselves are simple yet scrumptious. I'd had my heart set on the Roasted Vegetable and Pesto Galette from the beginning and so when I found myself with an hour or two to spare, a packet of pastry in the fridge (Mary Berry does it too, don't judge) and an extra bag of peppers I decided to give it a go. 


The method is easy but needs to be planned in advance - the pepper and tomatoes take about forty minutes to roast in total. However, it's well worth it, and I even was able to skin a pepper for the first time in my life! After that, the pesto is spread onto the pastry base and topped with cheese, the roasted vegetables and little courgette discs. Oh, and add another sprinkling of Parmesan, obviously. Fold the sides of the tart up (it doesn't matter how they look, which is one of the great things) and bake in the oven until you can't resist the pesto-cheese-tomato smell any longer. 


I won't post the full recipe on the blog, but you can find her book here. It's a great book to flick through when you need some inspiration. I've already planned to make her ultimate cookies and raspberry frangipane cake! 

(This post is not sponsored. I just wanted to tell you about a great new book!) 

Comments